WHAT IS RIGHT ABOUT PAIN ?

My life story of waiting for six and half years before gaining admission into the higher institution remains a story that has a lot of significance to my life and my perception of pain. Some people have definitely waited shorter or longer period to gain admission, yet they may not have the kind of testimony I share any time I talk about my experience.

Few days ago, I remembered how I got to the point where I was no longer willing to seek admission for further studies. I opted for music classes telling my step uncle with whom I stayed then that I would prefer going for music and return to academic pursuit later. This particular decision was precipitated by the cancellation of my senior secondary certificate examinations result, which I thought was going to be straight As.

So it was a combination of unpleasant situations; not just that I was not given admission at the Kaduna Polytechnic then, but that an examination I had written to further boost my chances of gaining entrance into higher institution, has been cancelled alongside others in that particular examination centre. I certainly lacked the zeal to continue at that point, so I chose the easier path of just taking music lessons and focusing on music, with the intention of returning to academic pursuit later in life.

Thanks to my uncle who first agreed with my position; but was quick to ask me to apply for the examination again. When I eventually got admission into the university, it was easy to forget details of what happened while I waited because, in all that happened, I saw reasons to be thankful. When I got to the University and faced another form of difficulty, I still considered quitting. However this time not quitting academic pursuit, but changing from the University where I was to another University I thought would be a better option. Not because I did not know that God can deliver me, but because I did not want to go through as much hardship as I had experienced before getting to the University.

I ended up not changing from that university and in fact went ahead to graduate top of my set at the university in spite of all the challenges, oppositions and glaring difficulties.

I have still met another tough season of my life while seeking someone to marry. My initial desire was to marry at the age of twenty-eight. That was not to be because I was in my final year in the university at that age. It was clear to me that this would be confronting me as soon as I was through with my service year. So I began in earnest to seek someone to hook with. It was not as I thought at all. At the last count, I actually asked at least seven Christian lady friends to marry me at different times and was turned down before I got my wife who agreed after a short time of dating.

One thing I remember going through these pains is that I always had lots of questions for God. Interestingly He responds to all the way He chooses. Many times I see that His responses were not always exactly within my immediate expectation, but count so much in the long run.  I realize that while in pain, we seek answers to immediate questions; He seeks opportunity to reveal future details.

Perhaps I should be used to pains by now, having tasted pain as an adolescent with the loss of my father. Yet even the questions I had for God then, He has fully answered. Instead of making me use to pain, I have become a master over pain, knowing how to maximize the gains of pain and remain on top of circumstances.

Talks

Post a Comment